Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It has crossed my mind


The following is a list of things that have crossed my mind in regards to the baby, pregnancy, and delivery. Mind you, most are completely unreasonable, I do realize this. However, these things have still caused me to pause a moment and think "Oh my, what have we gotten ourselves into?"
1. What if the baby whines all the time like Buddy?
2. What if the baby does not like me?
3. I think I understand why pregnant women in poor countries would eat dirt. Because the hunger I feel is so intense that if there were no food, dirt might work. Don't worry though, no pica here, just an observation.
4. What if I can't push the baby out? Then what?
5. Will Rob be a good doula (or "doulo" as he likes to call himself)

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more about the hunger. I actually turn into a green scary monster if I don't get food once hunger sets in. Kind of like the hulk - Bob could explain in more detail since I don't usually remember ;-) You look great and your baby will adore you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will expect and tolerate nothing less than an exemplary doula (doulo) from Rob. You are a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby will absolutely love you both, one of the many wonderful things about a child (the unconditional love). You can train the baby not to whine :-) especially if you start from birth. No question you are a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know...it is amazing how our main "dudes" pick up the slack when push comes to shove...literally...I know Josh was scared...but he was calm, cool, and collected. Anna was awesome as well...she kept throwing ice cold wash cloths on my forehead...and took some amazing photos. After GP was born...Josh stayed with me...Anna went with the baby and shouted out reports including "Ummmm his balls are HUGE"...The entire delivery room erupted in laughter. The NICU nurse then explained to her that the testicles fill with amniotic fluid and will slowly decrease in size. Leave it up to Anna to make the experience comical, and scream balls...for the love of God.

    I too was worried he wouldn't like me. She second they put him on my chest I fell in love. I love telling the various stories...so tell me to shut up at any time...

    ReplyDelete